Friday, August 16, 2013

Chaminda Priyantha Kumara. Age 32 years. He was arrested on 21st May 2013 at around 8.30 pm on suspicion of stealing a mobile phone.Chaminda was taken to Kalutara South police and inhumanly tortured by police officers.

The law that prevails in Sri Lanka acquits murderers while imprisoning a person suspected of stealing a mobile phone.

³ That was why Chaminda’s testicles were pulled and crushed with a pole.

³That was why they held a rubber hose around his neck and two of them pulled it from either side.

³That was why they stripped a disabled person, forced him to lay on the ground and jumped on his body like a monkey.

³That was why they water boarded him.

Almost everyone in the country knows that police officers wish to assault innocent people.

As a result of an accident, Chaminda underwent surgery and was left disabled; the fingers of his right hand do not work; the lower part of the left arm was mutilated.



‘’They laid me down on a bench. They held a ‘kurudu’ pole to my neck and tied my hands and legs together with chains. Then they pulled my testicles and crushed them using a wooden pole. After crushing my genitals, they got onto the bench still wearing their boots and jumped on my body. I am still in pain now. I still feel the pain, and my hands also hurt. They assaulted me all over with a ‘kurudu’ pole.After assaulting me they put the kurudu pole across my neck.After putting the pole across my neck once again, they tied a T shirt over my face, covering it. They used water boarding method on me…’’ - K.C.D. P Kumara


No comments:

Post a Comment